1. Run the following command to verify that servers to be migrated pass the pre-requisite checks.
0-Prerequistes-checks.py --Waveid 1 --CEServerIP 220.127.116.11
–CEServerIP For this specific lab, we’re providing a temporary server listening on port TCP 1500 just for firewall test purpose. No need to replace the IP address for this lab. On a real migration the IP should be the CloudEndure Replication server IP running in your account.
2. Open CMD.exe as administrator, switch to c:\migrations\scripts folder, and run the python command above
3. Enter username and password to login to the migration factory.
4. The script will get a server list for the specified Wave and CloudEndure project.
5. Please use the following user name and password to login to Linux machines.
If you’re using your own AWS account, please use the same password defined during the Cloudformation launch
These servers are configured as password based authentication instead of key based authentication. Select N to use password.
6. Finally, the script will return a final result for each server.
If the server failed one or more pre-requisites checks, please scroll up to check which one fail or check the detailed error message.
The script will also update migration factory migration_status attribute. To check the details, follow the steps below.
1. Login to migration factory console, and select Resource List on the top right corner
2. Click Server List Tab and Search the Wave name. In this example, we searched Wave 1
3. Select the settings button in the middle
4. Select migration_status and click Update view, then you will be able to see the migration_status column
5. The expected status is Pre-requisites check : Passed
Automation tip: There are pre-migration tasks such as installing software dependencies as .Net, Python, CloudEndure agents, AWS SSM, checking firewall connectivity, free disk space, SSH or RDP service enabled, etc… make sure you can clear up all your migration dependencies before starting replicating servers