The following tasks will migrate all the servers in Wave 1 and apply the Cutover subnet and security groups specified in the intake form. At this point any instances that were launched for testing will automatically be terminated ( i.e. those created in step 6 of this workshop ).
1. Switch to the migration factory, and select Tools on the dropdown list if you are not on the tools page already.
2. Select Application Migration Service (this is the default on opening the Tools menu)
3. Select Wave 1 from the Wave Id dropdown.
3. Using the aws_accountid value from Event Engine dashboard, select this from the AWS Account ID dropdown.
4. Select Launch Cutover Instances from the Test and Cutover dropdown.
5. Click Submit to initiate the launch of the instances into the live subnets and with live security groups.
6. After some time the test will either return a success message, or a message indicating there are specific issues with the launch.
Example success: Launches have been requested for all servers in the wave.
7. The status of the servers will be updated in Migration Factory. To check this, select Resource List on the dropdown list in the top right if you are not on the Resource List page already. Click Server List tab and Search the Wave name Wave 1. The current migration status should be listed on the screen and show Cutover instance launched.
If you see an error message “Unexpected timed out”, try to refresh the page from browser and try again.