This task will verify the replication status for all servers in all MGN AWS accounts in a specific wave. Executing the following script will return an output on the command prompt screen and update the replication_status attribute in the migration factory as well. The expected replication status must be Healthy before launching servers for testing or cutover.
1. Run the following script by opening CMD.exe as administrator, switch to c:\migrations\Scripts-MGN folder, and run the python command below
The script will verify replication for all MGN AWS accounts and update the replication_status attribute for the server in the migration factory as well.
2-Verify-replication.py --Waveid 1
2. You should get a server list for the wave specified.
The replication status for each server might be different. For example, status Initial sync means server has not finished initial replication, Initiating - (detailed stage) means the initial sync is preparing and has not started.
The expected status for all servers must be Healthy before launching servers
3. The script will automatically refresh status every 1 minute until you see all servers listed as Healthy. This could take up to 20 min. Once all servers reach Healthy status the script will quit.
4. Check the status in the migration factory. Login to migration factory console, and select Resource List on the top right corner
5. Click Server List tab and Search for the Wave name Wave 1. The current replication status should be listed on the screen