Please wait for MGN replication to finish before shutting down the servers. Make sure replication status is Healthy for all servers. Replication may need 20 - 30 minutes to complete.
1. Make sure replication status is Healthy for all servers
This task will shut down the source servers before cutover. We want to make sure that client is not able to connect to the source server during cutover to ensure data consistency.
2. Copy the following command.
4-Shutdown-all-servers.py --Waveid 1
3. Open CMD.exe as administrator, switch to c:\migrations\Scripts-MGN folder, and run the python command above
4. Enter username and password to login to the source machines.
These servers are configured as password based authentication instead of key based authentication. Select N to use password.
5. The script will start shutting down servers in the wave
Automation tip: Shut down the server before cutover. Make sure that client is not able to connect to the source server during cutover to ensure data consistency.
After shutting down the source servers, the status of source servers on AWS Appplication Migration Service console will first change to Lagging and eventually change to stalled. This is normal because source server is no longer connecting to replication server, we want to stop the transaction on the source before cutover.