This task will start a test instance of the server in Wave 2, but protected with the test subnet and security group specified as subnet_IDs_test and securitygroup_IDs_test in the intake form.
1. Switch to the migration factory, and select Tools on the dropdown list if you are not on the tools page already.
2. Select Application Migration Service (this is the default on opening the Tools menu)
3. Select Wave 2 from the Wave Id dropdown.
4. Using the aws_accountid value from Event Engine dashboard, select this from the AWS Account ID dropdown.
5. Select Launch Test Instances from the Test and Cutover dropdown.
6. Click Submit to initiate the launch of the test instances.
7. After some time the test will either return a success message, or a message indicating there are specific issues with the launch.
Example success: Test launches have been requested for all servers in the wave.
8. The status of the server will be updated in Migration Factory. To check this, select Resource List on the dropdown list in the top right if you are not on the Resource List page already. Click Server List tab and Search the Wave name Wave 2. The current migration status should be listed on the screen