Import Source Code
- Launch Micro Focus ED by double clicking on the icon located on the desktop, ‘Enterprise Developer for Eclipse’.
Please be patient!! Software should be launched in couple of minutes.
- Enter workspace name as C:\ED-LAB, and click ‘Launch’.
- Choose ‘Open COBOL Perspective’ mode. You will be logged into the Eclipse IDE.
- Disable build automatically feature by selecting, Project -> Build Automatically
- Create a Project folder:
- From the menu bar, select File -> New -> Mainframe COBOL Projects
- Enter project name as ‘Bankdemo Lab Project’.
- Import mainframe assets to the project created in above step.
- Click right mouse button on the ‘Bankdemo Lab Project’
- Select Import -> Import…
- Under General, select ‘File System’
- Navigate to the ‘C:\Workshop\zOS-Application’ folder
- Expand zOS-Application and select BMS, COBOL, CPYBKS folders.
- All components should be imported successfully into the Eclipse.
Ensure the converted assembler programs (UDATECNV, UTWOSCMP) and missing copybook (CBANKD01) were imported successfully. In case if they were not imported, then manually copy from the source folder (C:\Workshop\Converted, C:\Workshop\zOS-Missing) to the ED-LAB workspace (COBOL Programs and Copybooks folder)