BankDemo COBOL application is built using various technologies within the mainframe environment. Below is an inventory of its components.
Application consists of 12 CICS screens. Each screen has its own set of COBOL programs defined in the CICS system definition tables. These screens are used to maintain the customer information and associated accounts. Below are the list of screens and its functions.
BankDemo application can be invoked via the transaction ID, ‘BANK’. Below is the overall functional flow.
Below screens are just for an illustration purpose. The idea is to show the BankDemo application screens.
1. To enter the BankDemo application, enter transaction Id ‘BANK’ on the CICS screen and hit enter.
2. ‘Login’ screen is displayed. Enter customer credentials and hit enter.
3. Main Menu is displayed with the list of functions that can be performed for a given customer.
4. Main Menu -> Display customer accounts: Select ‘Display your account balances’ from the main menu and hit enter.
Use PF7 and PF8 to scroll up and down.
5. Main Menu -> Transfer funds: Select ‘Transfer funds between accounts’ from the main menu and hit enter.
6. Main Menu -> Update contact information: Select ‘Update your contact information’ from the main menu and hit enter.
7. Main Menu -> Calculate loan amount: Select ‘Calculate the cost of a loan’ from the main menu and hit enter.
8. Main Menu -> Request for a statement copy: Select ‘Request printed statements (s)' from the main menu and hit enter.
9. Main Menu -> For additional information: Select ‘Obtain more information’ from the main menu and hit enter.