Connect to the Lab Environment
If you’re using your own AWS account instead of EventEngine, click here
The following steps should be executed to connect to EventEngine.
1. Open you browser and navigate to the following URL:
2. Insert the hash token provided by the AWS employee
3. The output screen contains all the credentials and information that you will need to execute this lab. Bellow is a sample screenshot
Clicking on the file icon will copy the information to the clipboard.
4. Click on AWS Console
5. Click on Open AWS Console
6. You are now you are connected to the AWS Console
If you are using EventEngine, please move forward to the next page.
Please move to the next page
Deploy the emulated source environment in your own account.
This step is only required if you are using your own AWS account instead of the EventEngine provided account.
The following steps should be executed to deploy the emulated source environment in your own account:
- Sign in to your AWS Account AWS Console using an account with administrative privileges
- Select Oregon Region (us-west-2)
- Open CloudFormation, click on Create Stack and select With new resources (standard).
- Use the following link as the Amazon S3 URL template https://s3.amazonaws.com/ee-assets-prod-us-east-1/modules/migration-baseinfra/v4/MASTER.yaml
- Click Next
- Set Stack Name as “MigrationImmersionDay”
- Set AdminPassword as you want. Please use a complex password (as described in the cloudformation instruction). This password will be used to connect to the Bastion Host. This host will be accessible from the Internet, so it’s important to set a strong password
- Set RootPassword as you want. Please use a simple password (as described in the cloudformation instruction). This password will be used to connect to workloads to be migrated. These servers will run in a private network and will not be accessible from public Internet. The only way to access them is through the Bastion Host
- Click next 2 times
- In the Review page, scroll down to the end of the page and check the box I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names and I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might require the following capability: CAPABILITY_AUTO_EXPAND
- Click on Create stack
- All the information required to execute this lab (e.g. Bastion Host IP address, security groups, subnet numbers) will be available in the output section of the CloudFormation
The CloudFormation takes about 20 minutes to be deployed
Once you completed the workshop, remember to delete the CloudFormation and related AWS resources created during this lab. Follow Cleanup for details.